PART-TIME. FLEXIBLE HOURS, ESPECIALLY 4:00 – 8:00pm WEEKDAYS, AND SATURDAYS. WE CAN TRAIN YOU! Trained Behavioral Technicians work in homes with families living with autism to improve children’s lives through skill acquisition and increasing appropriate behaviors. Technicians are part of the team to support the child and family. Firefly delivers successful interventions designed specifically for each unique individual. Behavioral technicians focus on a variety of areas with our client using proven data-driven methodologies based on the science of Applied Behavior Analysis.
About the Company: As a leader in its field, and a nonprofit organization, Firefly Autism is changing can't to can for children and families living with autism in Colorado. Firefly, an Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) center, works one-on-one with children from 18 months to 21 years. ABA treatment is considered to be the "gold standard" of treating autism. Firefly makes it possible for children to make improvements that can be charted and proven not in years, but in weeks and months. Specialties: ABA Therapy, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Parent Training, Behavior Management, Organizational Behavior Management This is a part-time hourly position up to 23.5 hours per week. The hourly compensation is commensurate with experience and education. If you want to make a difference in the lives of children living with autism spectrum disorder and their families, come join our team!
- College degree with 2 plus year’s experience working with behavioral clients, preferably children
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must complete necessary training to demonstrate the knowledge of behavioral principles and instructional strategies. This includes implementation of complex curriculum and behavior plans; data collection and analysis. NOTE: Firefly provides training.
- Strong oral communication skills
- Ability to engage in interactions with co-workers, supervisors, clients and parents in professional way
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and support program philosophy
- Dedication to and investment in student progress
- Flexibility in the area of scheduling and client assignment
- Registered Behavior Technician qualification
- Skilled in problem solving instructional and treatment programs
- Education based or vocational work experience (young child through adult)
- Skilled in social skill development
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge and experiences with assistive technology
Professional Development and Training (provided by Firefly):
- Attends staff trainings and meetings
- Participates in initial and follow-up training in applied behavior analysis methodology and physical management
- Keeps CPR and First Aid certification current
- Training as a Registered Behavior Technician (per standards set forth by the Behavior Analysis Certification Board)
- Participates in other professional development and training as assigned
- Able to sit and stand frequently and shift positions quickly
- Able to do the following for extended periods of time:
- Sit/kneel on floor
- Sit in a chair
- Able to physically manage teenagers/young adults, including providing physical guidance, physical prompts, bending
- Able to move quickly and keep up with running teenagers/young adults/small children
- Pass crisis intervention training and safely apply all physical management procedures on all clients when necessary
Interested parties must download and complete the employee application and submit it with COVER LETTER and RESUME to
or fax ATTN: HR-Behavior Technician to (303) 759-1194.
- Hits: 9789